SOTO utilises CFD for fluid dynamics/heat transfer assessment of fluid flow problems incorporating liquids, gases and solid particles (i.e. packed/fluidised beds). We provide the following CFD simulation capabilities:
- Laminar/turbulent steady state & transient flow
- Incompressible/compressible flow
- Heat transfer analysis (including buoyancy & solid conjugate heat transfer)
- Stationery & rotating domains (incorporating fluid, solid & porous domain representations)
- Multi-component/multi-phase fluid flow modeling (including liquid droplets/solid particles)
- Chemical reactions & combustion
- Fluid-structure interaction (1-way coupled FEA/CFD model)
- Fluid-solid particle interaction for packed/fluidised bed particle flow modeling (via discrete particle CFD model or 1-way/2-way coupled CFD/DEM model).
SOTO utilises the following CFD simulation software:
- ANSYS CFD (CFX/Fluent)
We have in-depth experience in the application of CFD for assessing and solving real world engineering problems including (but not limited to) mine ventilation studies, impellers, gas flow distribution/balance problems and process simulation (packed/fluidised bed gas-solids flow/heat transfer, mineral reactions, phase change relationships, etc.).
Contact us on +61 2 4298 8888 or fill in our enquiry form to discuss your CFD requirements.