The SOTO Mechanical Engineering team was engaged to design the C-hook for a Metal Coating Line. The design needed to enable the rapid removal and replacement of rolls. The C-hook is fixed to the roll shaft by hinged clamps carefully designed for ease of installation and to prevent roll damage.
- 3D modeling to detect clashes with existing equipment and involve maintenance personnel
- Engineering design and detail drawings
- Engineering analysis using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Review and verification of the design by an experienced senior engineer
- Installation procedures.
The achievements and outcomes of the project included:
- a reduction in downtime during roll removal / installation
- increased safety
- reduced roll damage
- the design was certified to Australian Standards.