The SOTO Design team were engaged to produce a 3D model and detail drawings from supplied AutoCAD drawings & hand sketches.
The scope of the project included:
- creating a 3D model from supplied AutoCAD drawings and hand sketches
- creating detailed engineering fabrication drawings from supplied AutoCAD drawings and hand sketches.
- Fast turnaround of 3D modeling and engineering fabrication drawings to assist with the smooth manufacture and installation of the Coal Receival Bin
- Best practice modeling techniques were applied to accurately model each individual component, complete with part properties
- 3D modeling was undertaken for design review purposes, enabling accurate 2D drawings to be produced with automatic propagation of the bill of materials
- Interference/clash detection checks were run, analysed and gaps/issues identified
- Joint identification and development of solutions to issues.