The SOTO Civil & Structural Engineering team were engaged to provide a complete structural engineering design package for civil works and structural steelwork, including 3D inventor models and a complete detailed engineering drawing package for the fabrication of a new overland conveyor system at a coal mine in the Hunter Valley region of NSW.
The project included provision for the design of a 40m tall transfer station supporting in-bye and out-bye conveyors and associated transfer equipment, such as conveyor head frames, tail frames and transfer chutes. The project included a critical design constraint; all conveyor drive and take up equipment had to be mounted at ground level.
- Engineering analysis and design of the transfer tower, conveyor drive frames, and associated piles, footings and slabs
- Preparation of engineering drawings of civil and structural works including 3D inventor models and a complete detailed engineering drawing package for fabrication.
- The tower superstructure was designed in a modular format to facilitate specific transport and construction requirements
- The design was undertaken with consideration of stringent spatial criteria and the required interface with existing conveyor galleries and ground mounted equipment.
- Advanced structural analysis techniques were utilised to overcome tower bracing limitations
- Ellton Conveyors was supported throughout the construction phase, including responsive modification of a conveyor gallery support stool due to irregularities in third party site measurements.