Our requirement is for a highly motivated and experienced Structural Design Engineer to join our structural engineering team in delivering industry best designs for use in various engineering jobs and projects. You will serve as a highly skilled contributor to the team responsible for producing quality, compliant and efficient designs for our clients. Also, you will be conversant with Australian Standards, and comprehensive knowledge of Australian Design Codes and guidelines.
Working at SOTO Consulting Engineers
At SOTO, we are engineers first. We’re excited by engineering solutions that improve client productivity, influence industry and improve the safety of workers. We play with the latest technology to deliver unique and diversified engineering design solutions. We’re dedicated to the Illawarra community, as it nurtures our employees, their families and the next generation.
We want high-performing staff who are equally passionate about their expertise, our industry and the community. In return, we trust you to work autonomously and will provide you with the opportunity to find the work that you are most passionate about. You’ll be encouraged to own your area of expertise, and we will always endeavour to provide projects that challenge and develop that expertise.
We embrace diverse skills, backgrounds and ideas. This diversity makes us more dynamic as an organisation. We’re focused on quality and integrity; have respect for those around us; and are passionate about what we do.
We’re proudly located in the beautiful Illawarra, 90 minutes south of Sydney, where our unique escarpment frames pristine beaches. Famous breaks and iconic bush walks meld together, offering a distinct range of activities while still being accessible to Sydney. SOTO is active in many local sporting and community organisations and promotes an active and healthy lifestyle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Master’s degree considered an advantage. These must have been assessed and approved by Engineers Australia.
• Proficient experience in the design and documentation of steel structures and buildings.
• Experience with SpaceGass, Limcon, Microstran, and Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to be highly productive while working autonomously and as part of a team
• Knowledge and understanding of Australian Standards and design Codes.
• Strong time management skills.
• Proficient in technical report writing.
• Having at least 5 – 7 years’ experience in civil/structural engineering design within an engineering consultancy.
• SOTO requires a qualified Engineer who is motivated, high-performing and capable of operating with an appropriate level of autonomy and work collaboratively on a variety of projects.
• Highly regarded if you are a member of Engineers Australia with the status of CPEng
The purpose of this role is to undertake Structural design and verification of new and existing structures, site inspections and audits, and conduct the civil design of foundations, slabs and concrete structures.
• Comply with all relevant Australian Standards and guidelines that impact design validity and compliance.
• Ensure all designs are completed to adhere to project schedules and client requirements.
• Positive customer service attitude and client focus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
• Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
• Professional appearance and presentation required.
• Must be able to work well in a group and independently.
• Ability to communicate with clients on a professional basis.
• Personable attitude with the ability to work well with other staff and clients.
Please note: We are not accepting calls or candidates from recruitment agencies for this position.
The role is open to Australian citizens or permanent residents only.
Send an email with a cover letter and resume to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Apply for Position